柏拉图的爱情名言英文时间:2014-08-07 来源:谜语大全|脑筋急转弯 作者:爱情名言 点击:
1 The first and greatest victory is to conquer yourself; to be conquered by yourself is of all things most shameful and vile.
2. To love rightly is to love what is orderly and beautiful in an educated and disciplined way.
3. Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
4. Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety.
5. I exhort you also to take part in the great netbat, which is the netbat of life, and greater than every other earthly conflict.
6. I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions nete by accident; they came by work.
7. If a man neglects education, he walks lame to the end of his life.
8. It is a netmon saying, and in everybody's mouth, that life is but a sojourn.
9. Knowledge which is acquired under netpulsion has no hold on the mind.
10. Love is the joy of the good, the wonder of the wise, the amazement of the Gods.
11. No law or ordinance is mightier than understanding.
12. He who is of a calm and happy nature will hardly feel the pressure of age, but to him who is of an opposite disposition youth and age are equally a burden.
13. All things will be produced in superior quantity and quality, and with greater ease, when each man works at a single occupation, in accordance with his natural gifts, and at the right moment, without meddling with anything else.
14. Apply yourself both now and in the next life. Without effort, you cannot be prosperous. Though the land be good, You cannot have an abundant crop without cultivation.
15. Astronomy netpels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another.
16. Attention to health is life’s greatest hindrance.
17. Courage is a kind of salvation.
18. For good nurture and education implant good constitutions.
19. People are like dirt. They can either nourish you and help you grow as a person or they can stunt your growth and make you wilt and die.
20. Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but the spirit of reverence.